Job Title: Rigger
Reporting To: Operations Manager
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Installs various antenna and transmission lines along with ancillary equipment on communication structures.
- Ensures proper inspection and use of personal safety equipment.
- Ensures that all company equipment is well maintained and in safe operating condition.
- Identifies and selects, cables, ropes, blocks and tackle by weight and size of load to be moved.
- Conducts inventory inspections and sorts received materials on site.
- Installs various antenna mounts.
- Performs plumb and tension guyed structures.
- Installs various antenna and transmission line systems on towers, roof tops and other structures which include the following activities:
- Assembling and installation of various types of antennas
- Running all transmission lines up the tower
- Installing connectors on transmission lines along with hoisting grips, hangers and ground kits.
- Adjusting antennas on tower with the correct azimuth and tilts.
- Performing microwave antenna alignment.
- Installs various ancillary items including:
- Wave-guide bridge for transmission lines
- Ice guards on tower to protect dishes
- Anti-climbs and fall arrest systems
- Lighting systems
- Grounding systems
- Gives direction to Crane Operators engaged in hoisting and moving loads, to ensure the safety of others and material handled.
- Follows all Trylon TSF safety policies and procedures, and ensures others adhere to the same.
- Trains Junior Staff
- Complete Sweep and PIM testing of feeders. Uploading of handover documentation
Skills & Experience Required:
- Has 2 or more years experience as a competent telecommunications technician.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Must be familiar with tower erection, antenna and transmission line systems on towers, rooftops and other structures.
- Must be able to read blue print and assembly drawings.
- Must hold current fall arrest and high angel rescue certifications.
- Must be physically fit be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Able and willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able and willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- Work well on a team.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and follow instructions carefully.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must take first aid certification course.
- Minimum completion of high school education or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Previous experience working on Huawei, Ericsson and Nokia equipment
- Rooftop accreditation
- Working at heights
- Tower rescue