Job Title: LE1/LE2 Linesman
Department: Telecoms Uk
Reporting To: Project Supervisor
As Linesman you will be responsible for day to day operational outputs, ensuring that mandated KPI's for your department are achieved.Reporting directly to your department supervisor/ Management, you must be goal orientated, a team player and determined to succeed in all aspects of the OHL work.You will take part in toolbox talks and all aspects of safety will be prioritised as it applies to the OHL/Telecoms network.Stop and report any situation that you deem to be a danger to yourself or others.You will be competent in the completing of all paperwork required,(Permits) to control the network that you and all team members will be working on, at any given time.You will take proper care of all tools/equipment/PPE and vehicles supplied to you by the company and report any defects found.You will deal with the public in a courteous manner at all times and keep the company’s integrity in good stead.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working as a Linesman on the OH Electricity and Telecoms networks, you will deliver the FTTP project.
- Take responsibility for daily work tasks, as instructed by your manager or by your Supervisor.
- Take part in team briefs and tool box talks.
- Adhere to the safety rules as set out by Obelisk and it Clients.
- Have an ongoing determination to complete the work on time and to the specified requirements.
- Be competent in the Permit to work procedures.
- Read switching instructions and diagrams to allow you to isolate and earth the LV OHL Network
- Take care of all tools/Equipment/PPE and company vehicles supplied to you or your team. Report any defects.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven track record of working on OHL works
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Linesman.
- Knowledge of OHL build and an in depth understanding of the Permit to work procedures.
- Current DNO authorisation for LV switching (WPD Preferred) Must be computer literate
- CSCS or equivalent