Job Title: Commissioner
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible for site surveys, inspections, test, fault diagnostics and on-going maintenance and Commissioning of mobile telecommunications infrastructure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Installation, operation and maintenance of Ericsson RBS family (2G/3G/4G)
- Installation and commissioning of RBS6000 series and Basebands units
- Installation and commissioning of Huawei 3900 & 5900 series base stations
- Verify transmission paths
- Experience commissioning new installations and upgrading existing systems
- In depth knowledge of Ericsson Minilink E, hi-cap, and traffic node and other Transmission systems
- Through understanding of transmission systems
- Knowledge of PDH, SDH microwave systems.
- Experience in fault finding on GSM/UMTS/LTE installations.
- Carry out test calls
- Compile handover documentation
- Fluent English speaker with excellent reporting skills and an ability to liaise directly with customers
- Adhere to applicable Health & Safety laws, policies and best practice guidelines.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 4 years + in similar working environment. Proven relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Ericsson and Huawei Base stations.
- Working knowledge of networks using wireless technologies e.g. PDH, SDH
- PC Literate (Proficient in MS Office) with good reporting and communication skills.
- MEWP training, qualifications to work at heights
- Advanced Climbing (Troll or equivalent certification)
- Ericsson Equipment Certificate.
- RBS Integration specifically Ericsson RBS6XXX and Huawei 59XX series training essential
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Ability to work on own initiative