At Obelisk, our priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff and as a result the majority of our office teams have transitioned to ‘working from home’ whilst our critical maintenance teams work on the ground to keep everyone connected.
To help our employees adjust to remote working, our HR Team have put together some tips to help establish a productive, and healthy, remote work routine.
- Embrace collaborative tools such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom/Skype calls often to keep in contact with your colleagues throughout the day.
- Remember to prepare ahead of your calls, have a meeting agenda and ensure there are no distractions around you such as the tv or music.
- Keep up your casual conversations with your colleagues, if you normally catch up with colleagues prior to a meeting, try and follow the same rituals and habits to maintain relationships and a sense of normalcy.
- Get up and start your day as you would if you were going to the office, get dressed and replace your daily commute with some exercise.
- Create yourself a workspace dedicated to your work to limit distractions from family and friends.
- Stick to a routine, structure is key! Having a well carefully planned day can help you accomplish your key tasks. Don’t be afraid to ask if you need additional clarifications about a project or task, jump on a call with your team!
- Set deadlines for yourself and your team. These self-imposed deadlines can help you beat procrastination and keep your team productive.
- Don’t forget to have breaks away from your desk, stick to your normal routine as if you were in the office.
- Be kind. Remote conversations can easily be misinterpreted, resolve these issues quickly with a phone call.
- Don’t forget to log off! Turn off your devices at the end of the day and engage in home activities or learn something new.
Our HR Team are always on hand to help you in these uncertain times, email us on email@example.com if you’ve any questions or concerns.
If you have any other tips for your colleagues let us know below!