Job Title: Safety Health Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Lead
Reporting to: SHEQ Director.
Location: Wicklow/Dublin 15
This is a key role within the recently formed Joint venture between Axione and Obelisk to deliver the FTTB project for our client Siro.
The role will allow you to take the Lead for SHEQ, and to ensure that JV leads the way in Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality process. With SHEQ as one of the main pillars of our business this role will help to ensure we exceed the requirements within the SHEQ jurisdictions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Take the day to day lead for SHEQ within the ABO JV.
- Provide accurate health and safety advice to the Project Management Teams (PMO) and Site Build Crews.
- Advise the PMO and site management teams on all matters of Health and Safety in accordance with the company’s safety management systems and legislation in Ireland.
- Development of risk assessments, method statements, preliminary and construction health & safety plans.
- To assist in the implementation of the training within the ABO JV.
- Undertake reviews with the site management team of all high risk activities.
- Carry out incident investigations to establish root cause and share lessons learnt.
- Encourage near miss reporting and implement improvements from such reporting.
- Liaise with clients or client’s representatives as required and ensure a good working partnership to achieve the best practices in Health and Safety.
- Carry out regular site audits / Inspections within the ABO JV activities.
- Set a personal example to lead in the vision, values and behaviours’ of the company.
- Encourage a consistent incident reporting culture across the ABO JV and promote the use of Near Miss reporting.
- Assist the SHEQ Director in ensuring that all incidents are reported and investigated; the type and level of investigation will depend on the severity of the incident.
- Actively share lessons learnt from any incident investigations.
- Compile weekly reports, review with the PMO team and provide weekly updates to the SHEQ Director.
- Compile and deliver Toolbox Talks, and seminars as required
- Deliver client approved authorisation training for all employees within the ABO JV as required.
- Attend client Safety Meetings as directed by the SHEQ Director.
- Support the sharing of best practice within Obelisk
Skills & Experience Required:
- Be persuasive, presentable, and confident with a proactive approach.
- Be impartial during auditing and investigation activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft office 365 suite of applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Superb organisational skills.
- Good understanding of ESB Networks and Fibre installations would be an advantage.
- Qualified to provide Manual Handling training would be an advantage.