- Job Title: Contracts Manager
- Department: Fixed Line
- Location: South England
The contracts Manager will be responsible for managing and delivering the build programme for the FTTH project and for the successful management of several site managers while taking operational responsibility for this business unit.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Procurement and vendor assessment and selection
- Ensuring design team delivery to provide all necessary job pack information on time for delivery of works.
- Reporting on programme delivery, undertaken with extensive detailed programme updates derived by the management of a Microsoft Project Programme which was developed specifically for the delivery. This programme was used to track performance weekly for the client
- Chair both Weekly Internal operations and Monthly Contract review meetings with all the supply chain.
- Working in conjunction with the Commercial Manager on the management of P & L, administrating Contract correspondence, resolving claims, disputes, & settlement of accounts with client & subcontractors
- Aid and assist in Prequalification’s, Tenders, Business Development & Staff Recruitment.
- Subcontractor assessment, selection and management
- Project planning and resource scheduling
- Supervision of contracts
- Controlling and coordinating internal and external resource
- Building strong customer relations
- Reporting progress and ensuring successful completion of projects Ensuring compliance with health & safety regulations and building standards.
Skills & Experience Required
- Highly customer focused, motivated by close personal/business relationships
- Interest in achieving results, problem solving and good communication skills.
- Ability to manage workers and sub-contractors, therefore, strong interpersonal skills are imperative.
- Drive and focus to ensure that the job is completed and running to schedule
- Ability to communicate at all levels and report back to Director level on a regular basis.